Sergio Fernández Díaz
Partner in charge of the Commercial Department and the Department of Insurance.
- Lawyer, Faculty of Law, Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Graduated in Business Administration, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Santiago, Chile (1988-1989).
- Master of Laws (LL.M. Fulbright Sscholarship), University of Michigan, USA (1993-1994).
- With expertise in areas such as Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Litigation.
- Founding partner of Vergara, Fernández, Costa & Claro (2006).
- General Counsel of life insurance companies Companies and CorpSeguros and CorpVida (1999-2011).
- Attorney at Barros y Errázuriz Abogados (1995-1999).
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (New York, USA 1994-1995).
- Hale & Dorr (Boston, USA 1994).
- Schweitzer and Co. (1990-1993).
- Tax Department of Price Waterhouse (1988-1990).
- Board member of Descúbreme Foundation (organization that supports children with cognitive disabilities).
- Latin Lawyer 2013, as a reference to Chile insurance.
- Chambers and Partners, 2014 in Insurance Law.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Languages: English, Spanish.
|Practice areas: Insurance Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law and Litigation.|